Thursday, January 29, 2009

WBTB (Wake Back To Bed)

If DILD hasn't worked for you then this technique might do the trick.
WBTB (Wake Back To Bed) is a pretty simple technique:

  • You set an alarm to get up an hour earlier than normal (do this on the weekend if your employed.)
  • Wake up and get out of bed and think about lucid dreaming and maybe have a bite to eat, whatever just get up and hang out for an hour (no coffee) all the time thinking about lucid dreaming.
  • You set another alarm to wake yourself up in 3 hours so you don't sleep through the day and then you go Back to bed.
"A 60% success rate has been shown in research using this technique."
- Stephen LaBerge of The Lucidity Institute
(citation found on wiki)

Make sure you think about having a lucid dream, think about what you want to do, where you want to go and as much more as you can. As you may have noticed what you think about effects your dreams. I hope your going to be lucid dreaming by tonight.

Please comment if any of this is useful to you (or not). thanks.

2 comments:

  1. Any suggestion to the following....

    I'm not old enough to live on my own and I don't want my parents knowing that I'm trying to lucid dream. If I set my alarm for early in the morning it will probably piss them off if it wakes them. So I can't really try this method. Any ideas?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try a 4:00 nap instead. Parents usually understand naps and encourage them most of the time. You won't be able to do WBTB but you can do WILD and some others.

    ReplyDelete